Are you worried about the recent reports of the PS rest mode problems? Here’s how to turn off Rest Mode and avoid the potential issues…
HOW TO FIX REST MODE PROBLEMS ON PS5
If you don’t want to run the risk of this potential problem impacting your PS5, the best thing to do is simply stop using Rest Mode (or Sleep Mode as some users prefer to call it).
Next time you’re switching off your console, to make sure your PS5 is fully turning off between play sessions, here’s what you need to do:
- Press the PlayStation logo on your DualSense controller, which will bring up the PS5 control centre menu
- In the control centre, scroll all the way to the right-hand side, to the power button
- Click the power button and you’ll be presented with three options to power down your console: this includes ‘Enter Rest Mode’, ‘Turn Off PS5’ and ‘Restart PS5’
- Select your desired option from the three choices. In this case, you want ‘Turn Off PS5’
HOW TO STOP YOUR PS5 FROM AUTOMATICALLY GOING INTO REST MODE
If you’re worried about your console automatically going into Rest Mode while you’re having dinner or downloading something, you should probably do this:
- Go to the full-on Settings page and select the ‘Power Saving’ option
- From the Power Saving menu, select ‘Set Time Until PS5 Enters Rest Mode’
- From the next list of options, select ‘Don’t Put in Rest Mode’
And there you have it: everything we know about the reported Rest Mode problems on PS5, and how you can do your best to avoid getting them!